v-neck: AA, jeans: F21, kicks: DKNY, purse: MarcbyMarc
super thrilled to show you all my new blazer by Kenneth Cole, the most comfortable article of clothing in my closet, and everything I wanted in a blazer. woo hoo.
today we experienced a little of hurricane Ida, which made for a long gloomy Tuesday. def glad to be chiling around the house, under a blanket, resting my sore muscles. g’night ladies!
oh and thanks Sofia of Wine in the Afternoon for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
which involves writing 7 random facts about myself and passing on the award to 7 other bloggers to do the same, here goes.
1. These lists make me a little nervous & I ALWAYS feel, after the fact, that I’ve left out something way more cool. . .
2. I played basketball competitively for nearly 10 years, & was even coached by my Dad on an all boys team.
3. In college I gave the whole sorority thing a try but after one semester decided it was not for me-that short period of time sure was packed with badass parties though & most were themed!
4. I have not eaten beef in 3-4 years (maybe more??), but have picked up fish which I never never liked until maybe a year ago.
5. My family and I were the first family in Kansas (approx. 5th grade) to join up with Big Brother Big Sister *the volunteer organization for children needing a mentor or family support* and were featured in the local newspaper & nightly news (where I had my first “breakthrough” TV moment-ahhahah)
6. Guess the last fact led to my “career” in news broadcasting in high school as a news anchor/director/editor/ETC- for the senior video, I was in charge of editing all the footage from prom!
7. Once I found these 3 starlings in my dad’s boat trailer and raised them until I literally taught them to fly (kind of literally, basically threw them up in the air until they caught on) and they went on to live in the wild and sustain.
(somehow my ‘facts’ turned out to be a lot of reminiscing, whatev.)
I would like to pass on the award and tag to:
These ladies rock, be sure to check’em out!
((these post was short & sweet until I added the list and tag today and decided I should pass it along after all, now it’s just SUUHWEET))
Emily KennedyNovember 11, 2009 at 4:35 am
I love a blazer with jeans and heels. So snazzy! If you find another in corduroy, I think it would really shine on you.
Poppy tr♥ubleNovember 11, 2009 at 5:45 am
the post was really short and sweet..
u looked really simply chic! love!
June PaskiNovember 11, 2009 at 6:11 am
I love it, it’s very great outfits!
Valencia LiaNovember 11, 2009 at 7:33 am
Gorgeous blazer and it does look really comfy !!
Beautiful heels to go along toooo <3 Congrats on the award girl !
KatyaNovember 11, 2009 at 8:55 pm
rachel is a dreamerNovember 12, 2009 at 12:31 am
thanks for the kreative blog award love! love your style :)
peace & love!
MissaNovember 12, 2009 at 7:06 am
The blazer is perfect on you and I love how you styled it, laid back yet chic :)
sof and emNovember 12, 2009 at 8:12 am
thanks so much for the award!!! i haven’t been up on my blogging the past couple days..so i didn’t have a chance to see it! and congrats on the award too..love your blog and your blazer is fabulous!
daisychainNovember 12, 2009 at 2:58 pm
I’m so jealous at how amazing you look even in a laid back outfit.
Miss SofiaNovember 12, 2009 at 8:18 pm
I loved your list. It’s really interesting how life happenings are actually deeply related, like your involvement in volunteering and then your “career” in news broadcasting. Although they don’t seem related, they actually are.
Mamushka MarieNovember 12, 2009 at 9:22 pm
aww thanks lady! love this look on you too…
monkeytoesNovember 13, 2009 at 6:20 am
your shoes rock!!
The Man Who Knew Too MuchNovember 13, 2009 at 12:54 pm
Great style, love the shoes.
Loving ChiaradeannaNovember 13, 2009 at 4:36 pm
oh darling you are perfect in this outfit!! Love love love your style! ;)
YukaNovember 14, 2009 at 4:48 am
loving the neutral shade of the bag. huge bags are my weakness!
francesNovember 15, 2009 at 12:38 am
love the clog-like shoes!x
MandiNovember 15, 2009 at 2:04 am
I adore the blazer!!! What made you give up beef? I’m a vegetarian, and am always curious about other people’s reasons for giving up certain food items.
Emily KennedyNovember 16, 2009 at 2:51 am
Also, total fail on my first comment. You lived in Kansas?!
No wonder you’re so effing cool! The story about raising starlings even rivals your KS heritage for coolness.
I was born and raised in California, but I’ve now been in Lawrence, KS for 5 years, and I really really like it here. I’m getting a grad degree in Sociology at KU, and I’m doing a project on fashion bloggers. Hey hey miss lady: gotta say, you’re part of the inspiration.
Hippie Frou FrouNovember 17, 2009 at 3:18 am
how cool, I rarely meet folks from KS, I lived in WIchita for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade (remember it like it was yesterday). There, 6th grade was ‘middle school’ by itself and for me it was called 6th Grade Center. i find this odd. haven’t been back really, but would like to one day! glad your enjoying it!
Tink in My ClosetNovember 17, 2009 at 6:18 am
Wow… I’m swooning over your shoes!! Thanks for fact sharing also:)
somedaynewyorkerNovember 24, 2009 at 1:54 am
Gorgeous shoes. Very Prada like.